Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Birthday Though

This is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoice and be Glad in it!

This day, is another day, but like every day it is far from ordinary.

The night, blackness, with its quiet velvet resolve, wipes the slate clean, and the rising of the sun breathes, and illuminates a spotless, fresh day bathed in rays of light dancing as they filter through leaves, winking on the morning dew. The crisp light, clean, fresh and pure, ushered in by bird song, plays with the day coaxing it awake from its slumber, eyes open, day breaks. Sun rises. The warmth of life pours down, a waterfall of reminiscence of things done, eagerness still of bursting forth.

Each day begins as a new page, a blank page, that you can write whatever you want in your life. The page of today! It has no constraints on it. It is completely blank. Its up to you what you want to write in it.

God breathed His breath in me and I awoke a living soul. Purposed with destiny in me, and ability created in me! I arrived with purpose already given to me. It was purpose that indicated my arrival. In the mind of God I was created to accomplish it. He moved to form because He saw a need, a need that had to be fulfilled. He needed a man who would stand, move and live in Him.

This day I want to renew purpose. Resolve to fulfil the deep thing that lies within me, placed there by the God of creation. This same purpose has been placed in all of us. It is the first thing that was "born" in us. Purpose! It what defines us, its what moulds us and ultimately what completes us. God in us the hope of Glory!

We cannot be who we are created to be if we are not aware of our purpose.
We cannot fulfil who we are if we do not awaken to purpose
We don’t know who we are if we don’t know what our purpose is
We cannot know our purpose if we don’t know God, because He is the author of it

God the great architect, knows our design as David said is Psalms "You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my every thought when far away. You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment you know where I am. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD. You both precede and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to know!”

How excellently he describes the Lord in our life and yet he continues: “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvellous--and how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God! They are innumerable!
I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up in the morning, you are still with me!”

How excellent is your name O Lord!

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. A new day. A day you have never seen before! What will you make of it? What will YOU do with it.?
What will you write on your blank page?
Start writing!

1 comment:

Rhea said...

Hi Ps Gregory.
Isn't it wonderful how God is so 'mindful' of us. He loves everything about us. He is an awesome God! I'm overwhelmed at His agape love for us. Malachi 3:16 says, "Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD listened and heard them; so a Book of Remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who meditate on His Name." Also, 2 Cor. 3:3 says, "Clearly, you are a letter from Christ...This letter is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts." Aleluia!
Today is the last day of our Daniel Fasting. I have taken a day off work so that I can spend today with God. I can go out shopping and enjoy this day for myself, but I choose to meditate on Him. What a wonderful way to end the Daniel Fast with Women fellowship and The Word tonight. God is good!
Prayers, Rhea.