Thursday, September 10, 2009

How great is our God?

Listening to some praise and worship music, thinking how great our Lord is. Thoughts cannot contain Him. Minds cannot conceive the vastness of Him.

David tries to, but succumbs with words that say “Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, it is high, I cannot attain to it. (Psalm 139:6) When I try to imagine the immenseness of God my mind runs out of space and as much as I can imagine, there is more. But yet He desires that we know him!

Paul hearts cries out with hunger “That I may know him” (Phil 3:10) David’s soul sings “As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.” (Psalm 42:1)

God does not just want us to know Him with head knowledge but with our whole being, to know him in a multi- dimensional level. To know him is to love him. For “ thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength”
Let all of me diminish like John said and let Christ be filled up. Let there be more of Him and less of me. Let my will be consumed with His

Let us, as the Psalmist says “My soul followeth hard after thee”
But not just follow, but be consumed by Him

No comments: