Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Hear His Voice?


I saw this today, and this brought to mind a though that has been resonating in my spirit for a long time.  We need to be able to really hear the voice of our Lord. There are some many voices in our ear, constantly fighting for our attention from people to radio, TV to music, movies and announcements. Do you realize that there are very few places that are not filled with noise?

 We get into a lift and there is music, or its in our ear form our mobile devices, we are on a train platform and announcements are constantly hitting our ears, we get in a car and the radio or music is on, we walk in the house and we have family speaking to us or  we turn on the TV.  There are very few places that are silent and in order to get this we need to create a place for it, its not automatic anymore. With so many voice in our ears, do we recognize when the Lord speaks? Do we even know what He sounds like?

My prayer is that I hear His voice clearly and discern that it is Him and that I listen to Him more than anyone else or anything else. I hope that is your prayer too!



No comments: