Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Glow Mission - Day 7

Today was evangelism day where we went out to share the gospel of God to people. For me this was out of my comfort zone so I was a little nervous at first. I was very very nervous because I wasn't used to talking about the gospel of God in public. The morning conference we talked about how we should approach the people and what we should talk about the gospel of God and what good things He has done in our lives and how He saved us.The morning session  also talked about this pamphlet about how sin has separated us from God and how we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.   So after that we were all sorted in our groups and which places we should go to spread the gospel to unsaved people. We arrived to our destination by Jeep it was a good trip and was exciting.When I stepped off the Jeep it was already scorching hot and I was sweating like crazy but I still was determined to go through with it. My partner and I chose a street where we should start first and started to walk down to the houses. My partner spoke Tagalog to the people because I couldn't speak so I let him do the talking whilst he was talking I was praying and giving the tracts to the people to read.Even though we got rejected and ignored sometimes, my partner and i prayed that God will change their ways and prayed that He would touch their hearts and to go into their lives. So we just kept going and continued walking to other streets.To tell you the truth for me it was the best experience ever sharing and reaching out to those who needed God the most. Overall I really enjoyed it and it was the the best day of my life seeing people focusing on us when we are talking to them about the gospel. Also God gave me the confidence and the strength to go out in the hot weather and gave me confidence to talk to people which was really out of my comfort zone. I had a blessed day and I just thank God for this awesome and life changing day that he has given me. - written by Abraham Peque

No comments: